April 27, 2007
News for Florida Supercon 2007:
Florida Supercon adds new guests
Fort Lauderdale, FL - FLORIDA SUPERCON would like to announce the addition of four more guests for the June 22-24, 2007 show, including; Rikki Simons (Invader Zim The voice of Gir), Greg Horn (Superstar comic book artist), George Lowe (The voice of Space Ghost) and Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force The voice of Master Shake).
Rikki Simons is known as the voice of the robot GIR on Invader ZIM, the writer and co-artist of the graphic novel series ShutterBox (published by Tokyopop; 6 volumes, of which 3 are completed), Super Information Hijinks: Reality Check! (2 volumes, published in color originally by Sirius Entertainment and then republished in black and white by Tokyopop), and the illustrated novel Ranklechick and His Three-Legged Cat (self-published through Lulu.com). He also co-created and wrote the Robotech: Clone comic series. In addition to his graphic novel and novel work, Simons paints backgrounds for animation, including Invader ZIM and Jackie Chan Adventures. He painted both issues of Jhonen Vasquez's comic I Feel Sick.
Greg Horn is one of the most prolific and sought-after artists in the United States. His hyper-realistic style is the choice of art directors and clients in four distinct artistic industries. Greg is best known for his work at Marvel Comics were he has painted over 100 comic book covers for titles such as She-Hulk, Emma Frost, and Elektra. Greg has also distinguished himself in the field of advertising, where he has contributed to numerous print campaigns, including Allstate Insurance's 2004 Olympic Basketball poster, and Ringling Brothers' 132nd Circus poster. Since 2001, Greg has been commissioned to illustrate over 60 magazine covers-- an astounding average of one magazine cover every month for 5 years! His work in this print medium brought him to the attention of the video game world where he has collaborated on nearly 50 video game related projects with the biggest names in the gaming industry including Electronic Arts, Universal Studios, Blizzard, 2K Games, and Sony Interactive. More recently, Greg has widened his artistic accomplishments, delving into novel covers with Random House and Penguin Books, and creating box art for boardgames Kryptonite Crisis and Stratego. He is currently the regular cover artist on Dan Slott's critically acclaimed She-Hulk series for Marvel Comics.
George Lowe is best known for his role as the voice of Space Ghost, a role which he played for over 90 episodes on Cartoon Network, which spanned ten years. He played Father on The Brak Show and has been in four episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force: "Antenna", "Gee Whiz", "Mail Order Bride", and "Dirtfoot." He is also one of the stars of AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE COLON MOVIE FILM FOR THEATRES.
Dana Snyder voices the arrogant and lazy Master Shake in AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE. A native of Allentown, PA, Dana Snyder has focused much of his work in theater-style comedy. In addition to his work on Aqua Teen, The Venture Bros. (as The Alchemist), Minoriteam (as Dr. Wang), Squidbillies (as Granny), Sealab 2021 and Robot Chicken, Dana has appeared in various theater performances such as "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" and "The Mystery of Irma Vepp" among many others. Also, contrary to certain beliefs, Dana was NOT the "Food-Way Woman" in"The Shawshank Redemption."
Florida Supercon is a multi-format convention for comic book, anime, sci-fi & animation fans taking place June 22-24, 2007 in Ft. Lauderdale . FL. The show will include celebrity guests, writers, artists, filmmakers, vendors, guests, Q&A's, film festival, parties, costume contest, giveaways, anime programming, manga, cosplay, workshops, panels and more.
The current guest list includes:
- Roy Thomas (Comic Book Legend: The Avengers, X-Men, Conan, All Star Squadron)
- Kevin "BATMAN" Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League Unlimited)
- Rikki Simons (Invader Zim The voice of Gir)
- Alan Burnett (Producer/Writer of Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, The Batman)
- Dick Giordano (Comic Book Legend: Batman, Superman, Blue Beetle, Supergirl)
- Christopher Ayres (Anime Voice Actor & Director: Gantz, Trinity Blood, Full Metal Panic)
- Chris Patton (Anime Voice Actor and Musician: Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic)
- Todd Nauck (Artist of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, Teen Titans Go!, Wildguard)
- Dustin Nguyen (Artist of Batman, Wildcats and The Authority)
- Greg Horn (Artist of She Hulk, X-Men, Elektra)
- John Wesley Shipp (The Flash)
- George Lowe (Space Ghost)Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force The voice of Master Shake)
- Marcia Wallace (The Simpsons "Edna Krabapple")
- Ted Mckeever (Artist of Metropol, Eddy Current, Zombies)
- Allen Bellman (Golden Age Legend: Timely Comics, Captain America, Human Torch, Sub-Mariner)
- Peelander-Z (The Japanese Comic Punk Action Band)
- PLID (electro/synth/pop-glam band)
- Michael Winslow (Police Academy, Gremlins)
- Cindy Morgan (Tron, Caddyshack, Amazing Stories)
- Joe Pekar (Artist)
- Chris Notarile (Filmmaker of Power Girl: The Classifieds, Catwoman: Principles)
- Niki Notarile (Actress, Catwoman: Principles)Terry Cronin (Creator of Students of the Unusual)
- Joe Fauvel (Comic Artist)
- Patrick Martin (Writer/Filmmaker - Students of the Unusual)
- & dozens more!