Translator / Writer / Scholar
Seattle, WA, USA
Zack Davisson is an award-winning translator, writer, and folklorist. He is the author of Yurei: The Japanese Ghost, Kaibyo: The Supernatural Cats of Japan, Yokai Stories, Narrow Road, and Amabie: Past and Present. He translated globally-renowned properties such as Go Nagai's Devilman and Cutie Honey, Leiji Matsumoto's Space Battleship Yamato and Captain Harlock, and Satoshi Kon's Opus, as well as Shigeru Mizuki's multiple Eisner Award-winning Showa: A History of Japan and famous folklore comic Kitaro. He currently co-writes for Demon Days from Marvel Comics.
He lectured on manga, folklore, and translation at colleges such as Duke University, Annapolis Naval Academy, University Ca' Foscari Venezia, UCLA, and the University of Washington, and contributed to exhibitions at the Henry Art Gallery, the Museum of International Folk Art, Wereldmuseum Rotterdam, and the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- Anime Boston 2023 - April 7-9, 2023 in Boston, MA, USA 2022
- Anime Frontier 2022 - December 2-4, 2022 in Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Anime NYC 2022 - November 18-20, 2022 in New York, NY, USA
- Kumoricon 2022 - November 11-13, 2022 in Portland, OR, USA 2021
- Anime NYC 2021 - November 19-21, 2021 in New York, NY, USA 2020
- Animé Los Angeles 2020 - January 9-12, 2020 in Ontario, CA, USA 2019
- Anime NYC 2019 - November 15-17, 2019 in New York, NY, USA
- KuroNekoCon 2019 - August 9-11, 2019 in Spokane, WA, USA 2017
- KuroNekoCon 2017 - July 29-30, 2017 in Spokane, WA, USA
- AnimeNEXT 2017 - June 9-11, 2017 in Atlantic City, NJ, USA
View Zack Davisson on FanCons.com for 8 additional guest appearances