Author / Designer
San Diego, CA, USA
Susan Lake began her career in the arts after attending Hartt College of Music, and graduating from the University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport CT. After perfoming and teaching throughout the East Coast Susan relocated to California where she continued her career in art, dance and design.
Recognized for bringing Argentine Culture and dance to San Diego community, Susan was the original creator, producer/directed, of what was to become the most anticipated Latin cultural dance event in Southern California, The TANGO BALL.
Her artistry as a dancer was rivaled only by her talent as a designer. Susan started creating headwear and costumes for dancers. It was not long before she started being showcased in fashion shows throughout Southern California, recognized for her elaborate and unique headwear designs. Susan continues to create show stopping designs for private clientele, select retail customers and bjd dolls!
Through her use of dramatic color combinations, size and architectural point of view, Susan has created a unique place for herself among cutting edge design artists. CNN en Espanol, interviewed Susan as one of Southern California's outstanding multi-talented design artist, calling her a "True Renaissance Women."
A respected guest teacher/speaker at design schools and museums, she is a sought after authority in her craft and has been called a fascinating personality! Susan Lake brings experience, talent and passion for the arts, design and education to her seminars, workshop, design work and presentations.
In 2014 Susan brought her creative talents to storytelling and wrote her first serialized book, GOBLINS' BEND. Soon after she began designing bjd size costumes and headwear inspired by the characters in the story which quickly caught the eye of Jones Publishing and solidified Susan's talent as both author and design artist.
Now living in Palm Springs, California, Susan is well respected as a Choreographer, Teacher, Headwear Designer, and Speaker. She is the master mind behind the DESIGNING A WORLD IMAGINED...It All Starts with an IDEA! speaker tour, and "Art Kids...Who in the World AM I?"
As a Self Empowerment Speaker, Susan shares the creative process of "LIVING BOLD" and "The Miracle Mind" in Designing A World Imagined.
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- Saboten Con 2022 - September 2-5, 2022 in Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Saboten Con 2019 - August 30 - September 2, 2019 in Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Sabaku Con 2019 - May 10-12, 2019 in Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Saboten Con 2018 - August 31 - September 3, 2018 in Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Sabaku Con 2018 - May 11-13, 2018 in Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Saboten Con 2017 - September 1-4, 2017 in Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Sabaku Con 2017 - April 7-9, 2017 in Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Saboten Con 2016 - September 2-5, 2016 in Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Sabaku Con 2016 - May 6-8, 2016 in Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Saboten Con 2015 - September 4-7, 2015 in Phoenix, AZ, USA