Kia Asamiya has been involved in print and visual media for almost three decades. He made his manga debut with the series Shin Seiki Vagrants in 1986, and then went on to work on Silent Möbius and Martian Successor Nadesico, both which were marketed into numerous media types. During the earlier parts of his career, Kia Asamiya used his real name, Michitaka Kikuchi, while he worked on anime titles such as Sonic Soldier Borgman and Project A-ko. After shifting his focus to becoming a manga artist, Kikuchi switched to the pen name Kia Asamiya, while still maintaining a separate career as Kikuchi.
As a manga artist, Kia Asamiya has a large number of works in both American comics and Japanese manga. Asamiya's work includes Corrector Yui, Möbius Klein, Junk - Record of Last Hero and the manga adaptation of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Asamiya's contribution to American comics allowed him to work on some of his favorite franchises including Batman, Hellboy and Uncanny X-Men. He is continuing the series Kanojo no Carrera and Himegami Gadget on FLEX COMICS, as well as the monster design for the TV series Kamen Rider Fourze.
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- Paris Manga & Sci-Fi Show 2015 - October 3-4, 2015 in Paris, France
- FanimeCon 2012 - May 25-28, 2012 in San Jose, CA, USA
- AnimeIowa 2004 - September 17-19, 2004 in Des Moines, IA, USA
- Anime Reactor 2003 - October 24-26, 2003 in Rosemont, IL, USA
- AnimeNEXT 2002 - October 11-13, 2002 in Secaucus, NJ, USA
- Canadian National Comic Book Expo 2002 - August 23-25, 2002 in Toronto, ON
- Anime Expo 2001 - July 5-8, 2001 in Long Beach, CA, USA
- Anime Central 2001 - May 11-13, 2001 in Arlington Heights, IL, USA
- Animazement 2000 - March 10-12, 2000 in Raleigh, NC, USA
- Anime Expo 1993 - July 2-4, 1993 in Oakland, CA, USA