John Romita, Jr.
John Romita Jr. is the son of John Romita, Sr., the co-creator of several notable Spider-Man stories in the 1960s and 1970s. He began his career at Marvel UK, doing sketches for covers of reprints: his debut was with a six pages story in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #4.
Romita's early popularity was based on his run on Iron Man with writer David Michelinie and artist Bob Layton, began in 1976. In the early-1980s, he had his first regular run on the Amazing Spider-Man series. Working with writer Roger Stern he co created the character Hobgoblin and he drew an issue in which Spider-Man would encounter the Juggernaut and the Juggernaut would end up traped in cement foundations. From 1983 to 1986 he had a run on Uncanny X-Men with author Chris Claremont which brought him immense popularity, as the X-Men had become a huge industry phenomenon by that time.
In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Romita enjoyed an acclaimed stint on Daredevil with writer Ann Nocenti and Eisner Award-winning inker Al Williamson, noted for its creation of long-running Daredevil nemesis Typhoid Mary. Working for Daredevil Romita defined his style and left definitively behind every uncertainty which was still present in the X-Men pages.
Romita later collaborated with Frank Miller on a Daredevil origin story entitled Man Without Fear, considered to be a companion of sorts to Miller's Batman: Year One tale. Romita worked on a host of Marvel titles during the 1990s, including The Punisher War Zone, the Cable mini-series, The Mighty Thor, a return to Iron Man for the second Armor War written by John Byrne, and the Punisher/Batman cross-over.
In the 2000s, Romita again came to prominence for his second run illustrating The Amazing Spider-Man for writer J. Michael Straczynski. He drew Marvel's Wolverine with author Mark Millar as part of the character's thirtieth-anniversary celebration. As of 2005, Romita's art is currently on display in Black Panther, The Sentry as well as Ultimate Vision, a back up story featured in the Ultimate line, written by author Mark Millar.
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- New York Comic Con 2019 - October 3-6, 2019 in New York, NY, USA 2018
- New York Comic Con 2018 - October 4-7, 2018 in New York, NY, USA 2016
- Monaco Anime Game International Conferences 2016 - February 27, 2016 in Monaco 2015
- Florida Supercon 2015 - June 25-28, 2015 in Miami, FL, USA 2014
- New York Comic Con 2014 - October 9-12, 2014 in New York, NY, USA
- Florida Supercon 2014 - July 3-6, 2014 in Miami, FL, USA 2013
- Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo 2013 - November 1-3, 2013 in Los Angeles, CA, USA 1982
- Dallas Fantasy Fair 1982 - June 10-13, 1982 in Dallas, TX, USA
View John Romita, Jr. on FanCons.com for 13 additional guest appearances