Comic Artist / Writer / Entrepreneur
Todd McFarlane is a Canadian cartoonist, writer, toy designer and entrepreneur, best known for his work in comic books, such as the fantasy series Spawn.
In the late 1980s and early 1990s, McFarlane became a comic book superstar due to his work on Marvel Comics' Spider-Man franchise. In 1992, he helped form Image Comics, pulling the occult anti-hero character Spawn from his high school portfolio and updating him for the 1990s. Spawn was a popular hero in the 1990s and encouraged a trend in creator-owned comic book properties.
Since leaving inking duties on Spawn with issue #70 (February 1998), McFarlane has illustrated comic books less often, focusing on entrepreneurial efforts, such as McFarlane Toys and Todd McFarlane Entertainment, a film and animation studio. In September, 2006, it was announced that McFarlane will be the Art Director of the newly formed 38 Studios, formerly Green Monster Games, founded by major league baseball pitcher Curt Schilling. McFarlane used to be a co-owner of the National Hockey League's Edmonton Oilers but sold his shares to Daryl Katz. He's also a high-profile collector of history-making baseballs.
Anime Convention Guest Appearances
- New York Comic Con 2018 - October 4-7, 2018 in New York, NY, USA 2016
- Fan Expo Dallas 2016 - June 3-5, 2016 in Dallas, TX, USA 2015
- Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo 2015 - October 30 - November 1, 2015 in Los Angeles, CA, USA 2014
- New York Comic Con 2014 - October 9-12, 2014 in New York, NY, USA
- Phoenix Comicon 2014 - June 5-8, 2014 in Phoenix, AZ, USA 2013
- FanExpo Canada 2013 - August 22-25, 2013 in Toronto, ON 2012
- New York Comic Con 2012 - October 11-14, 2012 in New York, NY, USA
- Comikaze Expo 2012 - September 15-16, 2012 in Los Angeles, CA, USA 2011
- Phoenix Comicon 2011 - May 26-29, 2011 in Phoenix, AZ, USA
View Todd McFarlane on FanCons.com for 13 additional guest appearances